Thursday, December 13, 2012

Clary's Cafe

After watching the movie, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil I have been very curious about Clary's Cafe. Each  time I have been back to Savannah since, I've had a hard time getting by there. Well, last weekend I finally made it to Clary's. And I was not disappointed. Thanks to my bestie, Dawn for her marvelous navigation skills and cool as a cucumber patience. I don't know what I would do without her. When I'm driving -- and don't know my way around I tend to quickly get frustrated. Not to mention I'm as geographically challenged as they come.
As you can see from the photo, Clary's is a rather small place. We stopped by at noon, so I was anticipating a large crowd and a difficult time finding a place to park. But that wasn't the case at all. We got lucky and pulled up as one car was leaving.
 Clary's Cafe has been around since 1903. It was originally a lunch counter style pharmacy. And yes, you can still get shakes, malts and floats too!



 Check out "The Elvis - Love me Tender" 
I had the Oglethrope and it was great!
 My partner in crime had the french toast and a side of grits. She didn't talk much so I think she enjoyed her breakfast too. 
Clary's Cafe is located at the corner of Jones St and Abercorn St. 
404 Abercorn St.
Savannah, GA 31401